Note that the space activity information is disabled by default. See notes below.
If enabled, the space activity screen displays statistics on the activity in each space. These include:
- How many pages and blog posts have been viewed, added or updated over a given period.
- Which content is the most popular (most frequently viewed).
- Which content is the most active (most frequently edited).
- Which people are the most active contributors/editors of content.
To view the activity in a space,
Confluence will show a graphic display of the number of pages and blog posts that have been viewed, added and edited, showing trends over a period of time. For example:
Screenshot 1: Number of viewed pages and blog posts in a week
The top ten most popular and most active pages and/or blog posts will be listed, with a link to each.
Screenshot 2: Popular content
- The Confluence Usage Stats plugin, which provides the 'Space Activity' screen, is known to cause performance problems on large installations. This plugin is disabled by default. A status report on the progress of the performance issues with this plugin is available in this issue: USGTRK-15.
- Your Confluence system administrator can enable the plugin, but please be aware of the possible impact upon your site's performance.
- The plugin is sometimes called 'Confluence Usage Tracking'.
- If your Confluence site is clustered, the space activity information will not be available.
Browsing a space
Viewing Space Details
Page History and Page Comparison Views
Tracking Updates to Confluence Pages and Spaces
Finding Unused Spaces
How Do I Get More Statistics From Confluence?
Installing and Configuring Plugins
Viewing Site Statistics
Take me back to Confluence User's Guide