You can view your issues in GreenHopper in three different views — 'Summaries', 'Cards' and 'List' views. Each of these views can be configured per issue type in your project, e.g. you can have a card style for your Bugs and another card style for your Tasks.
Please note the following information regarding card styles:
- When you create a new issue, the fields in the detailed card style ('Card' view) will be in the card creation pane.
- GreenHopper respects the JIRA field configuration schemes that you have configured, hence some fields may not be visible in your cards. GreenHopper will simply replace these fields with a blank line.
- GreenHopper respects the JIRA permission schemes that you have configured, hence some fields may not be editable in your cards for people without the appropriate permissions.
- Most of the JIRA built-in custom fields are supported and can be included in your card styles. Here is the complete list of the supported custom field types:
- Date Time
- Date Picker
- Number Field — Also used for the Statistics
- Multi Select — Also used for the Flagging field
- Select List
- Text Field (<255 characters)
- Free Text Field (unlimited)
- Group Picker
- User Picker
- Multi User Picker
To configure the card style for an issue type,
- Log in as a user with the 'Administer Projects' permission for the project.
Click the 'Agile' link's down-arrow in the top navigation bar and select 'Planning Board' from the resulting dropdown menu. The 'Planning Board' will be displayed.
- Click the 'Tools' menu and click 'Configuration' from the dropdown. The project configuration page will display (see screenshot below).
- Click the 'Card Styles' tab. The configuration screen for issue type card styles will display. The 'List' view is located in the top panel, the 'Card' view in the bottom left panel and the 'Summary' view in the bottom right panel.
- You can configure the card colour for all views by clicking the 'Card colour' link in the top right of the page and selecting the appropriate colour settings.
- Each of the views are configured in an identical fashion:
- To add a field to the view, select the desired field from the dropdown next to the 'Add field' button, then click the 'Add field' button.
- To delete a field from a view, click the small 'x' icon next to the field.
- To move a field in the view, simply drag and drop the field.
Please note, any changes that you make are applied immediately. If you make a mistake, you will need to fix it manually. You can always reset the layouts for a view to the system default by clicking the 'Restore default' link in the top right of the view's panel. The system default configuration for each of the views is shown in the screenshot below.
- If you would like to apply the current layout for one of the views to all issue types, click the 'Apply to all...' link in the top right of the view's panel (e.g. 'Apply to all cards').
Screenshot: Configuring Card Styles for a project