Your User Preferences allow you to configure a number of settings that will customise your view of the GreenHopper screens.
To manage your User Preferences,
- Log into JIRA.
- Click the 'Agile' menu in the top navigation bar.
- Select 'User Preferences' from the 'Tools' menu at the far right of the screen. The 'User Preferences' pop-up will appear (see screenshot below).
- Customise your preferences on the following four tabs as desired:
- 'General' tab:
- Refresh rate — Specify the auto-refresh delay in seconds.
- Opacity — Specify the opacity percentage to use when using a context to filter or highlight issues.
- JIRA Iframe — Select this check box to open GreenHopper issues for viewing or editing in JIRA inside an iframe. That is, when you view an issue's details from any GreenHopper board, the view of that issue in JIRA will be displayed in a pop-up window (iframe) rather replacing your current browser page's content. (Note: this overrides the setting that your administrator has specified for individual projects.)
- 'Planning Board' tab:
- Issues/page — Specify the maximum summaries per page to display in the summary mode.
- 'Task Board' tab:
- Issues/column — The maximum number of summaries to display per column in the summary mode.
- Parents/page — The maximum number of parents per page to display in the outlined Mode.
- Auto assign — Select this check box to automatically assign an issue to you when transitioning the issue on the Task Board. If you do not select this option, you may find you cannot transition some issues on the Task Board, since permissions for transitioning issues in JIRA typically differ between assignees and other users.
You will need permission to 'Assign Issues' for the project in JIRA.
- 'Chart Board' tab:
- Show dates — Select this check box to show actual dates; or leave blank to just show number of days.
- Show forecast — Select this check box to show future work as dotted lines on the charts.
- Show values — Select this check box to show values at every point on the chart.
- Precision (only applicable if Show values is selected) — Select the number of decimal places (0, 1 or 2) to show.
- Click the 'Save and apply' button.
Screenshot: GreenHopper User Preferences