You can schedule and assign issues with ease in GreenHopper. By dragging and dropping the cards on the Planning Board, you can associate your issues with a (Fix for) Version, Component or Assignee.
To schedule or assign an issue in GreenHopper,
- Log into JIRA.
Click the 'Agile' link's down-arrow in the top navigation bar and select 'Planning Board' from the resulting dropdown menu. The 'Planning Board' will be displayed.
- Select your project from the project dropdown in the top navigation bar, if it is not already selected.
- Change the Planning Board mode to categorise your issues by versions, components or assignees.
- Select one or multiple issues (i.e. cards) with your mouse.
- If you are using the 'Cards' or 'Summaries' viewing mode, click the 'header' of each card (i.e. the top section of the card, containing the issue key).
- If you are using the 'List' viewing mode, click the coloured vertical bar at the far left of the row.
- To select a single card, just click the desired card.
To select multiple issues, you can do either of the following:
- Selecting multiple ungrouped cards (i.e. cards that are not adjacent to each other) — Hold down 'CTRL' on your keyboard and click to select the desired cards.
- Selecting multiple grouped cards (i.e. cards adjacent to each other) — Click a card, hold down 'SHIFT' on your keyboard and click another card above or below the first one (or two or more cards to the left or right of the first). All cards between and including the cards you clicked will be selected.
Tip: If you hold down 'SHIFT' on your keyboard and click an issue, without clicking a card first, then all issues from the top of the Planning Board down to the clicked issue will be selected.
- Drag and drop the selected card(s) to the version/component/assignee box with which you want to associate the issue(s).
- If your issue(s) have sub-tasks, GreenHopper will also prompt you as to whether you want to schedule/assign each of the sub-tasks along with the parent issue. Select the sub-tasks to schedule/assign and click the 'Update' button.
- GreenHopper will schedule/assign the issues immediately, as well as update the statistics on the boxes on your Planning Board.
Tip: You can also move sub-tasks from one issue to another by dragging and dropping the sub-task card(s) to the desired issue.
Note that you will need the 'Schedule Issues' permission in order to move issues to a different version, and the 'Assign Issues' permission in order to re-assign issues. For details, please see Managing Project Permissions in the JIRA documentation.
Screenshot: Dragging a card to a version box