You must have the 'Administer Projects' permission for a particular project to configure the settings described on this page for it.
The GreenHopper Task Board provides you with visibility on the progress of ongoing versions. You can view all of the issues assigned to a version and their status at a glance, as well as transition issues through a workflow by simply dragging and dropping it.
You can configure how the task board displays for a particular project, by adding, moving, renaming and/or removing columns from the Task Board. Each column can also be associated with multiple workflow statuses and resolutions. Based on your workflow and your TaskBoard mapping, GreenHopper will present the available workflow actions to users when dragging an issue from a column to another. If the workflow screen of your workflow step asks for the "Resolution", users will also be able to select the Resolution for the issue.
Tip: Creating a Default Task Board Mapping
You can create a default task board mapping in your Global Settings. The project settings described on your project's own task board mapping page will override the global defaults. However, if a project does not have any settings configured, then the global defaults will apply.
To configure the Task Board for a project,
- Log in as a user with the 'Administer Projects' permission for the project.
- Click the 'Agile' link's down-arrow in the top navigation bar and select 'Planning Board' from the resulting dropdown menu. The 'Planning Board' will be displayed.
- Click the 'Tools' menu and click 'Configuration' from the dropdown. The project configuration page will display (see screenshot below).
- Select your project from the project dropdown (above 'Project Configuration'), if it is not already selected.
- Click the 'Task Board Mapping' tab. The Task Board Mapping page will display. You can configure the Task Board as follows:
Please note, all changes made on this page are applied immediately.
Screenshot: Configuring the Task Board for a project
Changing the Task Board Layout
You can add, remove, move and edit columns from the Task Board, as described below:
- To add a column to the Task Board, click the 'Add a column' link at the right-hand middle section of the page.
- To remove a column from the Task Board, click the 'Delete' link in the top right of the column.
- To move a column, simply use your mouse to drag and drop it into the desired position.
- To edit the title of a column, click the icon. Update the title of the column as desired and click the icon to save your title.
Changing Task Board Column Statuses and Resolutions
Each Task Board column has one or more statuses as well as one or more resolutions associated with it. Any issues viewed on the Task Board will be sorted into the appropriate column based on their status-resolution and the statuses-resolutions of the columns. For example, if you assign the 'Open' status (with any resolution) to the first column on your Task Board, all issues with the 'Open' status (and any resolution) will be grouped under the first column (provided that the issues are also assigned to the project version that you are currently viewing with the Task Board).
Please note, an issue can only appear in one Task Board column at a time. This means that you cannot have the same status-resolution combination assigned to more than one column. For example, you can assign 'Resolved'-'Fixed' and 'Resolved'-'Won't Fix' to different columns, but you cannot assign 'Resolved'-'Fixed' to two different columns.
To assign one or more statuses and resolutions to a column,
- Select either 'with ANY status' or 'with one of the selected statuses' in the desired Task Board column.
- If you select 'with one of the selected statuses', you also need to choose the individual statuses you want to assign to the column in the multi-select box.
- The 'with ANY resolution' option will be selected by default. We recommend that you do not change this default selection, unless you are familiar with JIRA workflows, as you can cause conflicts in the assigned statuses-resolutions for your task board columns. If you want to change the resolutions associated with the Task Board column, click the 'more options' link, select 'with one of the selected resolutions' and select the desired resolutions.
Effects of Changing the Task Board Mapping
- The rightmost Task Board column (which can be customised, but is 'DONE' by default) is the owner of your Project's 'definition of done'. GreenHopper will rely on this definition to burn your values in the charts and to swap issues on version releases.
- The Progress Bar and Statistics boxes will treat the leftmost column as the "To Do" column (red). The rightmost column will be "Done" (green). All columns in between will be aggregated and treated as "In Progress" (yellow).