JIRA's Change Log report shows resolved issues in the last ten released versions of a project. Whereas the Road Map looks forward, the Change Log looks back, giving an overall view of issues resolved in recent versions.
If your administrator has hidden the 'Fix For Version' field, the Change Log report will not be available.
To browse a component's Change Log,
- On the top navigation bar, click the white triangle next to 'Projects'. The projects dropdown will display.
Tip: If you click on the 'Projects' link instead of the triangle, the summary for your current project will display.
- Click the project that you wish to browse. If it is not displayed in the dropdown, click 'View All Projects' — you will be able to view a list of all projects set up in your JIRA instance and select your project from there.
- Click the 'Components' tab on the left of the page.
- Click the name of the component in which you are interested.
- Click the 'Change Log' tab. The change log for your component will display (see screenshot below)
- Click 'all versions' to see the Change Log for all released versions (not just the latest ten).
- Click the grey arrow next to any version to expand the list of issues related to that version.
Screenshot: Viewing a component's change log