If your organisation uses Atlassian's Bamboo and your administrator has integrated Bamboo with JIRA, JIRA enables you to view the Bamboo build plan status and recent build activity for a version of a project. The Builds tab provides you with a list of the builds which are related to the project version, including:
- the list of the builds which are related to the version, i.e. builds that have issues from the project version linked to them (either as 'Fixed' or 'Related'). See the Bamboo documentation for instructions on linking issues to builds.
- the latest status of the build plans for the related builds, i.e. the build plan contains a build that has a project issue linked to it. The status of a build plan for a version is determined as follows:
- If the project version has not been released — the build plan status is the status of the latest build in the Bamboo build plan, regardless of whether the latest build is related to the version (i.e. has issues from the project version linked to it).
- If the project version has been released — the build plan status is the status of the latest build in the Bamboo build plan, that is related to the version (i.e. has issues from the project version linked to it) and is prior to or equal to the release date (or current date, if there is no release date).
To view the Bamboo build information related to a version,
- On the top navigation bar, click the white triangle next to 'Projects'. The projects dropdown will display.
Tip: If you click on the 'Projects' link instead of the triangle, the summary for your current project will display.
- Click the project that you wish to browse. If it is not displayed in the dropdown, click 'View All Projects' — you will be able to view a list of all projects set up in your JIRA instance and select your project from there.
- Click the 'Versions' tab.
- A list of versions will be displayed. Click the name of the version in which you are interested.
- Click the Builds tab. You will be able to view the following information:
If you cannot see the Builds tab, your administrator may need to add the 'View Version Control' permission to your project.
Viewing the Builds related to the Project Version
By default, the Builds tab will display the list of related builds, ordered by build date in descending order.
Screenshot: Viewing the builds related to a version
Setting up an RSS feed to track Builds related to the Version
You can set up an RSS feed to track this information by clicking on the RSS iconin the top right of tab panel. Each entry in the list will display information about the related build, including:
- the build name and name of the build plan
- when the build was last run
- summary information, such as related builds, duration of the build, tests passed
- build labels (if any)
- links to build artifacts (if any)
See the diagram below for details:
Viewing the Status of Build Plans related to the Project Version
To view the status of build plans related to the project version, click the 'Latest plan status' link at the top of the Build tab. The build plans listed will show the status of the Build Plan, including information about the latest build in the plan (similar to the diagram above). Build plans will be sorted by plan name.
Screenshot: Viewing the status of builds related to a version