These pages contain notes on configuring JIRA with various databases. They are supplementary to the JIRA documentation. If you've ever thought "I wish I'd known that when I started", please help others by adding a note to the relevant database page.
Please read the Supported Platforms document to see the list of databases that we recommend for use with your JIRA installation.
- Database limitations on number of projects
- JIRA and HSQL
- Running SQL commands in a HSQL database — On rare occasions, one may wish to run raw SQL queries on a JIRA or Confluence database. This page describes how to obtain a SQL console for hsqldb http://hsqldb.sf.net databases, which JIRA and Confluence Standalone editions use by default.
- JIRA and MS SQL Server 2005
- JIRA and MS SQL Server 2008
- JIRA and MySQL
- Configuring MySQL 5.1 to store non-ASCII characters
- JIRA Cannot Connect to MySQL with Named Pipes Enabled
- JIRA Cannot Create Issues when Using MySQL with Binary Logging
- MySQL Administrator and Data Truncation Errors
- MySQL Data Access Exception - Errcode - 17 occurs with JIRA
- Setting Up a MySQL Database on Linux for JIRA
- JIRA and Oracle
- Configuring Datasource for Oracle 10g JDBC drivers
- Restoring data using I-Net (Oranxo) Driver for Oracle
- Store Workflow on Disk with Oracle 8 — A workaround for the problem of > 4000 character workflows in Oracle 8 is to store these on disk, instead of in the database.
- JIRA and PostgreSQL
- Incorrect database type specified
- Restarting JIRA from the Setup Wizard
- Surviving Connection Closures