The 'Resolution Time' gadget displays a bar chart showing the average time taken to resolve issues. This is useful to show you the trends in resolution time. The report is based on your choice of project or issue filter, and your chosen units of time (ie. hours, days, weeks, months, quarters or years). The 'Resolution Time' is the difference between an issue's Resolution Date and Created date. If a Resolution Date is not set, the issue won't be counted in this gadget. The Resolution Date is the last date that the system Resolution field was set to any non-empty value.
What does it look like?
The 'Resolution Time' gadget will appear as follows on the dashboard:
If you maximise the gadget, you can also view the data table on which the graph is based.
Adding the 'Resolution Time' Gadget to your Dashboard
To add the 'Resolution Time' gadget to your dashboard:
- Go to your JIRA dashboard and click 'Add Gadget'.
- The 'Gadget Directory' will appear. Locate the 'Resolution Time' gadget and click the 'Add it Now' button. Then click the 'Finished' button at the bottom of the Gadget Directory.
- The Resolution Time gadget will appear on your dashboard as follows, ready for you to configure:
- 'Project or Saved Filter' — start typing the name of the project or filter, or click the 'Advanced Search' link to search for a project or filter.
- 'Period' — select the timeframe on which the chart will be based: 'Hourly' / 'Daily' / 'Weekly' / 'Quarterly' / 'Yearly'
- 'Days Previously' — enter the number of days' worth of data (counting backwards from today) to be included in the chart.
- 'Refresh Interval' — select how often you want the gadget to update the displayed activity (never / every 15 minutes / every 30 minutes / every hour / every two hours).
- Click the 'Save' button.