Your JIRA user profile is where you specify your JIRA settings (e.g. your email address, and the format in which you would like to receive email notifications). It also contains useful links to a number of personalised reports.
To view your JIRA user profile:
On this page:
Using the Summary link
The Summary page shows your personal details registered in JIRA, your personal JIRA preferences, the number of open issues assigned to you by project and a list of your recent activity.
In the Details section on the Summary page, you can do the following:
- Click the edit icon at the top-right of the section to open the Edit Profile dialog box. From here, you can edit the following details:
- Full Name – your display-name – that is, the name by which you are known in JIRA.
- Email – the email address to which your JIRA notifications will be sent.
- Password – you are required to enter your password to save changes to your Full Name and Email address.
- Click the Update button to save your changes.
- Click the Avatar icon to add an avatar to your user profile.
If you have already added a user avatar to your JIRA profile, that (current) avatar will appear instead of icon above. Clicking your current avatar allows you to change it.
- Click the Administer User link to view or edit your user details in JIRA's administration area.
This option is only available to if you are a JIRA Administrator .
- Click the email address to send an email to that address via your registered email client application.
- Click the Change Password link to change your JIRA password.
- Click the Clear All Tokens link to clear your 'Remember my login' tokens. This feature is useful if you have accessed JIRA in a public environment, selected the Remember by login... check box before logging in, but you may have forgotten to log out and do not wish others to access JIRA through your account. See Clearing 'Remember my login' Tokens for more information.
- Click the View Project Roles link to view or edit that user's project roles in JIRA's administration area.
This option is only available to users who are JIRA Administrators.
If your JIRA administrator has configured the user directory containing your account with external password management, the Edit Profile and Change Password links may not be available.
In the Preferences section on the Summary page, you can do the following:
- Click the edit icon at the top-right of the section to open the Updated User Preferences dialog box:
- From here, you can edit the following details:
- Page Size – The number of issues displayed on each Issue Navigator page. This field is mandatory and the default value is 50.
- Email Type – The format (text or HTML) in which JIRA sends its outgoing email notifications.
- Language – Your preferred language.
- Time Zone – Your preferred time zone.
- My Changes – Choose between making JIRA send you email notifications about issue updates made by either both you and other people (Notify me) or other people only (i.e. Do not notify me).
- Filter & Dashboard Sharing / Sharing (in dialog box) – Choose the default 'sharing' setting for when you create new filters and dashboards, which can be either shared with all other users (Public) or restricted
to your viewing only (Private).
- Keyboard Shortcuts – Choose between making JIRA's Keyboard Shortcuts feature either Enabled or Disabled.
- Autowatch – Choose between allowing JIRA to automatically make you a watcher of any issues that you create or comment on.
- Click View Navigator Columns to choose which fields appear in your Issue Navigator.
Tip: The global defaults for most of the user preferences above can be set by your JIRA administrator (Administration > User Preferences). Your preferences will override the global preferences, but if you haven't explicitly changed any settings they will be inherited from the global settings.
Assigned Open Issues per Project
In the Assigned Open Issues per project section on the Summary page, you can do the following:
- Click the name of the project (on the left) to display issues.
- Click the number of open issues (on the right) to display the Issue Navigator, which shows your list of open issues associated with the project on the left.
In the Activity Stream on the right of the Summary page, you can:
- Click any item to jump to an issue or other activity in which you have recently participated. Your Activity Stream can include:
- Click the RSS icon to generate an RSS feed of information that is relevant to you.
- Click the cog drop-down to refresh the displayed Activity Stream.
The Activity Stream is also available as a gadget.
Click the Filters menu at the top of the Summary page. From this menu you can:
- Click Assigned to list all issues that are assigned to you, irrespective of their current status.
- Click Assigned & Open to list the issues that are assigned to you and are unresolved.
- Click Assigned & In Progress to list the issues that are assigned to you and whose current status is In Progress.
- Click Reported to list the issues that were created by you, irrespective of their current status.
- Click Reported & Open to list the issues that were created by you and are unresolved.
- Click Voted to view the list of issues for which you have voted, irrespective of their current status.
- Click Voted & Open to view the list of issues for which you have voted and are unresolved.
- Click Watched to view the list of issues that you are watching, irrespective of their current status.
- Click Watched & Open to view the list of issues that you are watching and are unresolved.
Using the Tools menu
Click the 'Tools' menu in the top right to open it. From this menu you can click View OAuth Access Tokens to view and edit your OAuth Tokens.