Add a custom field to a screen
You can control which screens the custom field will appear on when an issue is created, edited or transitioned through workflow. Follow these steps to change which screens your custom field is associated with:
- Select the Jira icon (, , , or ) > Jira settings > Issues.
- Under FIELDS, click Custom fields.
- Find the custom field and click Screens > Associate this field to screens. > Associate to Screens. Alternatively, you can click a field's contexts link and then click
- Check the screens on which you want to display this custom field.
- To add more screens or remove screens, click a field's screens link and then click Screens > Add or remove associated screens.
The new issue view uses the View issue screen scheme to determine which fields to show. To add or remove a custom field, head to your project, Choose Settings > Screens, then select the View issue screen scheme and remove the field.