Allowing anonymous access to your project
Jira Cloud products can be configured to allow users to create issues without having logged in.
To do this, you need to:
- Allow users to browse and search issues in the project without logging in.
- Add the Anyone group to the Browse Project permission in the permission scheme for the project.
- Allow users to create issues in that project without logging in.
- Add the Anyone group to the Create Issue permission in the permission scheme for the project.
- Set the Reporter in the project's field configuration scheme to optional.
Any issue created by a user who is not logged in will display 'Anonymous' for the reporter of the issue. You should also ensure that the anonymous user is able to complete and submit all required fields. For example, if you make the Due Date field required, the anonymous user will also need to have the Schedule Issue permission.
Note that anonymous users will have access equivalent to Jira Core users. In other words, they can view issues and work in any type of project, but they won't see product-specific features, e.g. agile boards, which are Jira Software-specific features. See Discover Jira Cloud products for more information.