Archive a project
- Project archiving is a Premium feature. Learn more about Jira Cloud plans.
- If you archive a project and then move to a Standard plan, you'll still be able to access the archive. You can restore archived projects, but you can't archive any new projects.
As Jira admins or project admins, you can archive inactive projects along with their issues, components, attachments, and versions. This won't affect associated schemes, workflows, issues types, or any content that is shared with other projects.
Issues in archived projects won't appear in basic or advanced search results. You can access these issues through direct links, but you can't edit them.
As Jira admins, you can access the archive and:
- View when a project was archived
- View the user who archived a project
- Restore a project that was archived
To archive a project:
- Choose Projects > View all projects.
- Find your project and select ••• > Archive. A confirmation dialog appears.
- Click Archive.
To restore a project:
- Choose > Projects.
- Select Archive from the sidebar.
- Find your project and select ••• > Restore.