Associating issue types with projects
As a Jira administrator, you can associate an issue type scheme with multiple projects to better manage issue types in one go. Your project administrators can also select an issue type scheme based on the issue types they need in each of their projects.
How to associate an issue type scheme with a project
Select the Jira icon ( > Settings > Issues. , , , or )
In the Issue types section, click Issue type schemes.
- Click Associate for the scheme you want to associate with a project.
- Find the projects you want to associate with the scheme and click Associate.
How project administrators manage issue type schemes
Go to your project and click Settings.
- Click Issue types > Actions > Use a different scheme.
- Choose one of the three options:
- If you know the issue type scheme name, select an existing issue type scheme.
- If you know which project you want to copy, choose a scheme from an existing project.
- If you want to create a new scheme with default issue types, choose a new scheme to be associated with your current project.
- When you have selected a scheme, click OK.