Configuring file attachments
When attachments are enabled, your users can attach files and screenshots to Jira issues.
Attachments are enabled by default. You can configure the way Jira handles attachments, or disable attachments altogether. If you use a custom permission scheme, you might need to update the permissions to allow users to add and remove attachments.
- To allow users to attach a file when creating a new issue, ensure that the Attachment field is not hidden within the field configuration(s) associated with the specific issue type(s).
- For all of the following procedures, you must be logged in as a user with the Administer Jira global permission.
The Free plans for Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, and Jira Core have a file storage limit of 2 GB per product. The Standard plan allows up to 250 GB per product, and file storage is unlimited on Premium plans. Learn more
Edit attachment settings
- Choose the Jira icon (, , , or ) > Jira settings > System
Select Advanced > Attachments.
Click Edit Settings, which opens the Edit Attachment Settings dialog.
- In Attachment Size, specify the maximum attachment size. The default (per file) is 1 GB. The maximum attachment size (per file) is 2 GB.
- (Optional) In Enable Thumbnails, choose ON to display image attachments as thumbnails on an issue. When this setting is on, Jira creates thumbnails of the following filetypes:
- (Optional) In Enable ZIP Support, choose ON to allow users to preview the contents of ZIP attachments and download all attachments on an issue as a single ZIP file.
- Click Update.
Edit attachment permissions
If your project permission scheme has the Create Attachments (and Delete Own Attachments) permission, or if your project uses Jira's built-in Default Permission Scheme, then you don't need to update your project permissions.
If you use a custom permissions scheme, then make sure users have the following permissions:
- To attach files to issues: users, groups or project roles must have the Create Attachments permission for the relevant project(s).
- To delete their own attached files from issues: users must have the Delete Own Attachments permission for the project.
If you need to update these permissions, use the following steps:
- Select the Jira icon (, , , or ) > Jira settings > Issues.
- Select Permission Schemes. Jira lists all permission schemes in your Jira system and the projects that use each scheme.
- For each relevant permission scheme:
- Click Permissions next to the scheme you want to update. Jira lists the permissions and users they are granted to.
- Next to Create Attachments, click Edit. The Grant permission dialog displays.
- In the Permission field, add Delete Own Attachments.
- In Grant to, select the user you want to grand the permission to.
- Click Grant.