Connect Jira Cloud to Bitbucket
Connect Jira Cloud sites with your Bitbucket Cloud workspace for your team to enjoy the seamless integration of issues and code.
By connecting to Bitbucket, you can:
- Surface repository activity – Jira issues automatically update to show repo branch, commit, pull request activity, and, if you have Bitbucket Pipelines enabled, your builds and deployments.
- Get deep integration in Bitbucket – See the core details of Jira issues without having to change context, from anywhere in Bitbucket you see a Jira issue key, including commit messages, pull request comments, and deployment information.
- Automate Jira workflows – Jira workflows sync with repo activity to update automatically as you work.
Read more about the benefits of integrating Jira with Bitbucket Cloud. If you're using a Jira Server, see Linking a Bitbucket or GitHub repository with Jira.
Connect Jira Cloud with a Bitbucket Cloud workspace
- Log in to Jira Software as an admin (Jira project admin permissions are not sufficient).
- Choose > Products.
- Under INTEGRATIONS, select DVCS accounts.
- Select Link Bitbucket Cloud workspace.
When you have Jira Cloud connected to your Bitbucket Cloud workspaces, Jira automatically updates as you work, so your team can see new branches, commit and pull request activity in Jira issues. For more information, see how to reference issues in your development work.
Alternatively, you can also link Bitbucket cloud workspace by enabling code in your Jira project.
Navigate to the Code menu and connect your Bitbucket or any third-party repositories to your Jira project with a single click.
Continue the connection process in Bitbucket
The connection process takes you to Bitbucket. Make sure you're logged in to the Bitbucket account that has the workspace you want to connect with Jira, and then Grant access for Jira to your Bitbucket workspace.
Now, in Bitbucket, grant Bitbucket access to Jira.
You can choose how Jira should handle syncing and Smart Commits for the repos in the Bitbucket workspace.
Choose whether Jira Cloud should enable Smart Commits for all existing repos in the account and for any repos added in future.
See Processing Jira issues with Smart Commits.
You can manage these settings later from the DVCS accounts settings page in Jira. See Manage your linked account settings section below.
Once connected, you'll see your Bitbucket repos listed on the DVCS accounts settings page in Jira.
Approve an uncompleted connection request
When someone begins connecting Jira with Bitbucket Cloud, but is unable to complete the process because they're not logged in as a Jira admin (although they may be logged in as a Jira project admin, for example).
Their options are to:
- Log out and log back in using a Jira admin account, if they have such an account.
- Ask a Jira admin to complete the connection.
In either case, a Jira admin can complete the connection using the step listed above.
Manage your linked account settings
After you link a Bitbucket Cloud workspace with Jira Software, you can manage the connection and the linked repos from the DVCS accounts page in Jira.
If you're having problems with the connection, see Troubleshoot connections with Bitbucket Cloud.
|Control Smart Commits|
Now modify the Smart Commits default setting as required:
The changed setting only applies to new repos added to the Bitbucket workspace.
Read more about processing Jira issues using Smart Commits.
|Refresh the list of repos||To manually update the list of connected repositories, choose Refresh repositories from the More options (•••) menu.|
|Disconnect the Bitbucket workspace|
To remove the workspace and its connected repositories, choose Disconnect from the More options (•••) menu.