Creating SLA custom fields
Jira Service Desk provides powerful built-in service level agreement (or SLA) management so you can track your team's progress against agreements you've set for customers. An SLA is made up of two settings:
- A time metric, which lets you define how time will be measured for this SLA
- A goal for selected issues, which lets you define a target for the time metric. Different sets of issues can have different goals.
Jira Service Desk comes with a few pre-configured SLA metrics to cover some of the most common IT requirements; however, you can modify or create custom SLA metrics to reflect the SLAs you use in your business.
As a Jira administrator, you can let project administrators create a new SLA metric name, which creates a corresponding SLA custom field to collect that metric's data.
How to allow project administrators to create SLA custom fields
- Choose the Jira icon ( > Settings > Applications. , , , or )
- In the Jira Service Desk section, click Configuration.
- In the SLA custom fields section, enable the setting.