Managing project role membership
For all of the following procedures, you must be logged in to Jira as a project administrator.
Viewing project role members
- Log in as a project administrator and open your project.
Select Project settings > People.
Assigning a user or group to a project role
- Open the People page as described above.
- Select Add people from the top right corner.
Search for the user or group you wish to add, and select the project role you wish to add them to.
Note that the Browse users and groups global permission is required to search for existing users or groups at this step. If you do not have this permission, you will need to specify the exact name or email address.
- Select Add.
Removing a user or group from a project role
- Open the People page, as described above.
- In the user's or group's entry on the table, select Remove.
- Because group membership can only be edited by users with the Jira Administrator global permission, project administrators may therefore prefer to assign users, rather than groups, to their project roles.
- A project role does not need to have any users or groups assigned to it, although project administrators should be careful with this. Depending on how a project role is used (e.g. if the project's permission scheme is using project roles), it is possible that not having anyone in a particular project role could make some project activities unavailable.