Using the permission helper
If someone on your team is having trouble viewing an issue, you can use the permission helper to figure out what permission they might need to do so.
How to use the permissions helper
Select the Jira icon ( > Jira settings > Issues. , , , or )
- Click Permission schemes.
- Click Permission helper.
- Enter the following details:
- The name of the user having issues with project permissions
- The issue key that the user doesn't seem to have access
- The project permission that you want to check against user's current permissions
The Permission helper dialog will display the status, summary, and details of the project and issue permissions set for the specified user, as well as any failed conditions.