Troubleshooting the migration
To complete the tasks on this page, you should install a third-party app Project Configurator for Jira.
Although Project Configurator is still supported by Appfire, the partner recommends switching to Configuration Manager for Jira (CMJ). To do this, remove Project Configurator from your instance, and then, download and install the CMJ app. No data loss will occur.
Check the Configuration Manager documentation
If you're migrating from Server to Cloud, check Jira Server to Cloud migration resources.
If you encounter any problems with the migration, check the available resources and the list of known issues.
If you encounter any problems while exporting or importing your configuration changes, check the following resources:
- Export – contents of an error page explained
- Export – most frequent errors
- Import – contents of an error page explained
- Import – most frequent errors
- Issue tracker – issues with their analysis and solutions
- Support channels
Custom field context applies only to some issue types
An import fails with the following message:
The custom field 'XXXX' in the backup project is used by issue types 'AAAA, BBBB' but the field with the same name in the current Jira instance is not available to those issue types in this project.
This is a known issue. To work around it, make the custom fields available to all issue types:
- In the target instance, configure the custom fields to be available to all issue types.
- Rerun the import, but choose to ignore custom fields in the configuration import. Otherwise, the custom fields will be imported from the source, overwriting your changes in the target instance.
- Optional: After a successful import, you can restore these custom fields to their original configuration (restricted to some issue types).
Validation errors with no extra information
The following warnings appear when a value of a text field exceeds the maximum text field size in the target instance. For more information about changing this limit, see Preparing for migrating projects.
WARN 11:00:56,968 The attachment 'MMMMMMMMM.zip' does not exist at '/tmp/com.awnaba.projectconfigurator1493567880435/data/attachments/XXXXXXXXXXX'. It will not be imported. WARN 11:00:56,968 The attachment 'screenshot-1.png' does not exist at '/tmp/com.awnaba.projectconfigurator1493567880435/data/attachments/YYYYYYYYYYYY'. It will not be imported. WARN 11:00:56,968 The attachment 'screenshot-1.png' does not exist at '/tmp/com.awnaba.projectconfigurator1493567880435/data/attachments/ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ'. It will not be imported. INFO 11:00:56,969 Project Import: Validation errors were found. The import cannot continue.
Problem with migrating values for the Time in Status custom field
The import trace shows the following warning:
WARNINGS: Unable to import custom field 'Time in Status'. The custom field type does not support project imports.
Since it's only a warning, it will not stop the import, but the values for this custom field will not be imported. There's no need to worry about that because these values will be automatically recalculated.
Was this helpful?Yes Provide feedback about this article