Integrating with collaboration tools
Integrating with Confluence
Give your team the ability to share, discuss and work with JIRA application issues in Confluence, and create knowledge articles for your service desk customers. Here are some of the ways you can benefit from integrating Confluence with your JIRA applications:
|Bugs||Create a knowledge base article to document a workaround for a bug.|
Create a product requirements document for a new feature.
|Self-service||Create knowledge articles that customers can view on the customer portal to find solutions themselves|
|General JIRA Use Case||
Document and collaborate with your team on an issue in Confluence.
And here are just a few of the things Confluence allows you to do:
- Share pages
- Watch pages
- Create knowledge articles from service desk issues
- Collaborative commenting, especially through the use of @mentions
- Form a team network and let them know what you are doing via a status update
- Add images, picture galleries, videos, and more
- Enable various content macros
See Integrating JIRA and Confluence for more information.
Integrating with HipChat
Integrating JIRA applications and HipChat gives you and your team the following collaboration power:
- Get notifications in your HipChat rooms when a customer updates a service desk request, or a developer comments on an issue.
- Create a dedicated HipChat room from the issue you're working on and want to discuss with your team.
- Preview JIRA issues and service desk requests directly in HipChat when someone on your team mentions them.
Before you begin
The JIRA Server and HipChat integration shares information between the two applications in the following ways:
- Push: JIRA sends notifications to HipChat.
- Pull: HipChat retrieves information from JIRA. If your JIRA server is behind a firewall, you will need to make the server addressable from the internet (by assigning an addressable URL). If you are unable to access your JIRA server from behind the firewall, you can still use the integration, you will just be unable to receive pull messages such as JIRA Issue Preview. Alternatively, you can install and configure HipChat Server from behind the same firewall.
Connection status is displayed in the Connect field.
- Connected: HipChat and JIRA are connected and working just fine. Carry on.
- Limited: HipChat cannot connect to your JIRA server - it may be behind a firewall. You can still receive messages from JIRA in HipChat, but some functionality (such as Issue Preview and @mentions) may not work.
- Not Connected: Could not connect to the HipChat server. Integration features will be unavailable until the connection is restored. To diagnose connection issues, contact your JIRA Administrator.
- Unknown: HipChat cannot determine the connection status and may be unable to connect to your JIRA server. Some, or all, functionality may not work.
Linking JIRA and HipChat
The JIRA and HipChat integration is packaged with JIRA 6.4 and later versions. For previous versions of JIRA or for the latest integration plugin go to the HipChat for JIRA integration plugin page and follow the installation instructions.
- Log in as a JIRA administrator or a Project Administrator.
- Go to the JIRA administration console > Applications.
- Scroll down the page to the Integrations section and select HipChat.
- Select Connect HipChat.
- Follow the instructions to link JIRA to your HipChat site.
- Once integrated, you can connect your JIRA projects to your HipChat rooms.
Remove OAuth Permissions
You can remove permissions that you have granted to allow JIRA to access HipChat. For instance, if you have given JIRA permission to invite users on HipChat's behalf.
- Select your avatar to access your profile.
- Click Profile.
- Select Tools.
- Click HipChat OAuth Sessions.
- Select Remove Access.
Integrating with Portfolio for JIRA
Portfolio for JIRA provides a single, accurate place for viewing, planning and managing your work across multiple teams and projects. See our guide to how JIRA and Portfolio for JIRA work together.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!