Monitor a user's activity
As a JIRA administrator, you can view individual user activity or user sessions on a global level.
View individual user login activity
Administrators may want to check individual user login activity to:
- See if certain users are still active in JIRA.
- View the age of a disabled user to clean up any ID's that have passed a certain timeframe.
- Choose > User Management.
- Click on the username in the list.
- You will be presented with a window including;
- Login count
- Last login
- Previous login
- Last failed login
- Current failed login count
- Total failed login count
- Use this information wisely.
View global user sessions
JIRA provides a list of users who are currently accessing JIRA. Use this information to:
- Know who to contact before planned downtime.
- Regularly monitor the average number of active users to evaluating your licensing quota.
- View user count if the system is under duress.
- And more!
- Choose >System.
- In the left panel, select Security > User Sessions to open the Current User Sessions in JIRA page.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!