Each JIRA application you install must have a unique license. There are various license types available. Some of these license types are incompatible with each other. If you try to install incompatible license types, JIRA will present you with an error. To resolve this, you should select compatible license types, obtain them and install them. You should make sure you remove the incompatible license type first.
You can manage your JIRA licenses on the Versions & licenses page.
A commercial license is a paid license that allows you to run a JIRA application and add users.
- All commercial licenses will work with each other if you have more than one JIRA application installed.
- You can mix commercial licenses with evaluation licenses.
- You cannot mix commercial licenses with other license types (e.g. Data Center or Academic licenses).
Data Center licenses
Data Center is a deployment option providing high availability and performance at scale for your JIRA applications.
- If you have installed a Data Center license for an application and configured the application for Data Center, all subsequent licenses must be Data Center licenses.
- If you have any other type of license and want to install a Data Center license, this can be done.
- If you have more than one JIRA application, and you want to set them up for Data Center, all the applications must have Data Center licenses. You cannot mix a Data Center license with any other type.
An evaluation (or "trial") license lets you try the full functionality of a JIRA application for a fixed period of time (typically 30 days). When the trial ends, the application stops functioning until you install a paid license.
Unpaid licenses are available for evaluators, not for profit organizations, charities and students.
- All unpaid licenses will work with each other if you have more than one JIRA application installed.
- You cannot mix unpaid licenses with commercial (paid) licenses when you have more than one JIRA application installed.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!