Managing project role membership
A JIRA application project role is a flexible way to associate users and/or groups with a particular project. Unlike groups, which have the same membership throughout JIRA applications, project roles have specific members for each project. Users may play different roles in different projects.
This page contains instructions for managing membership of existing project roles. For information on creating and using project roles, see Managing project roles.
On this page:
Viewing project role members
- Choose > Projects, and select the relevant project.
Choose Users and roles in the left menu to view and manage project role membership:
Assigning a user or group to a project role
- Open the Users and roles page as described above.
- Select Add users to a role from the top right corner.
Search for the user or group you wish to add, and select the project role you wish to add them to.
Note that the Browse Users global permission is required to search for existing users or groups at this step. If you do not have this permission, you will need to specify the exact name or email address.
- Select Add.
Removing a user or group from a project role
- Open the Users and roles page, as described above.
- Hover over the user or group you wish to remove and select .
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!