View, create, or delete a group
View the group browser
The Group Browser in JIRA allows you to view, create, and edit groups, while also allowing you to modify members, and view group permissions and settings.
- Choose >User Management.
- Select Groups to open the Group Browser.
- Click the group name to see the permissions, email notification schemes, security levels, and saved filters.
Create a group
Create new groups in JIRA to customize security permissions based on roles. Users may be added to many groups depending on the level of access that they need to do their job.
- From the group browser, type the new group name in the Add Group form.
- Click Add Group and you're done.
Delete a group
- Choose > User Management.
- Select Groups in the left panel to open the Group Browser.
- Click Delete in the Operations column .
- You will be redirected to a confirmation screen that explains that users will be removed from the group through its deletion. The users themselves will not be deleted from JIRA during this operation.
- Note that you cannot delete a group that is currently the only default group for an application. The Delete link will be greyed out.
- Consider carefully and click Delete to finish (or Cancel if you've decided to reconsider).
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!