Importing projects into the target instance
After you've successfully tested and validated the migration, you can migrate your projects to the target instance. The whole process will be just the same as the test migration.
Before you begin
Back up the target instance, so you can restore it in the case of any problems.
- Lock the source instance, so that your users can't make any changes.
- Export your projects from the source instance.
- Import your projects to the target instance.
- Validate the migration results.
- If you're happy with the outcome, open the target instance to your users.
- If something is not right, remove the migrated projects from the target instance, and retry the migration.