Configuring the internal directory
Managing 500+ users across Atlassian products?
Find out how easy, scalable and effective it can be with Crowd!
See centralized user management.
Enable Nested Groups
Enable or disable support for nested groups. When nested groups are enabled, you can define a group as a member of another group. If you are using groups to manage permissions, you can create nested groups to allow inheritance of permissions from one group to its sub-groups.
Diagram of possible configuration
Diagram above: JIRA using its internal directory for user management.
- Configuring the internal directory
- Connecting to an LDAP directory
- Connecting to an internal directory with LDAP authentication
- Connecting to Crowd or another JIRA application for user management
- Managing multiple directories
- Migrating users between user directories
- Synchronizing data from external directories