Importing projects into the target instance
These steps are for migrating projects between different instances of Jira Server and Data Center and require a 3rd party app Project Configurator for Jira. If you're migrating from Server to Cloud, see Jira Server to Cloud migration resources.
After you've successfully tested and validated the migration, you can migrate your projects to the target instance. The whole process will be just the same as the test migration.
Before you begin
Back up the target instance, so you can restore it in the case of any problems.
- Lock the source instance, so that your users can't make any changes.
- Export your projects from the source instance.
- Import your projects to the target instance.
- Validate the migration results.
- If you're happy with the outcome, open the target instance to your users.
- If something is not right, remove the migrated projects from the target instance, and retry the migration.