Running a test migration
To complete the tasks on this page, you should install a third-party app Project Configurator for Jira.
Although Project Configurator is still supported by Appfire, the partner recommends switching to Configuration Manager for Jira (CMJ). To do this, remove Project Configurator from your instance, and then, download and install the CMJ app. No data loss will occur.
If you're migrating from Server to Cloud, check Jira Server to Cloud migration resources.
Before you migrate your projects to the original target instance, you can establish a staging environment, which will be a copy of your Jira, and test the migration.
Before you begin
Create a staging environment for testing the migration.
- In your test instance, go to
/import, and create a directory called
- Copy the exported ZIP archive to the
- Log in to Jira as an administrator, go to the add-on page, and click Import complete project.
- In the Project File field, enter the name of the exported ZIP archive. Make sure to include the .zip extension.
- Select Run first a simulated configuration import.
- Click Import complete project.
The following image shows the relevant options for importing a complete project.
After your projects are imported to the test instance, you'll see a summary of the import.
Next, a page will be displayed showing the configuration changes that will be applied to the test instance. The content of this page is similar to the simulated import. The difference is that here you must verify and accept the proposed changes.
Drafts for workflows and workflow schemes