JIRA Agile 6.3.11 Release Notes
20 March 2014
The Atlassian team announces the release of JIRA Agile 6.3.11 (note, there was no public 6.3.10 release). This point release contains a number of features as well as several updates and fixes. Upgrading to JIRA Agile 6.3.11 is free to all customers with active JIRA software maintenance.
"First initial" avatars
JIRA Agile now uses the first initial of your full name (not username) as your avatar, if you do not want to upload an image or photo. This makes it easier for users to identify who is associated with an issue, at a glance, when custom images are not used. You will see these avatars on your boards (Work mode) and on the Agile wallboard gadget.
- If you are using a character set outside of Latin, Greek, Cyrillic, the first initial will not be shown. You will only see the coloured squares.
- If you have enabled Gravatars, they will continue to override all avatars including "first initial" avatars.
- JIRA does not display first name and last name fields, only a username field, for the user profile. If you sync your users from an external directory, the username may be populated by last name+first name — hence, the first initial shown will be the first initial of the last name.
- Unassigned issues do not have an avatar.
New code integration features for issuesIf you are using JIRA Agile with JIRA 6.2 or later, the new Development panel will be shown on every issue. This panel helps you to evaluate the development status of an issue at a glance. If you need to investigate further, click any item to display more details, or drill down into the development tool.
Connect JIRA to one of these compatible applications to enable the following:
- Bitbucket view and create branches, view commits, view and create pull requests
- FishEye/Crucible (Git/Subversion/Perforce/CVS): view branches, view commits, view and create reviews
- Bamboo: view the status of builds and deployments
- GitHub/GitHub Enterprise: view branches, view commits, view and create pull requests
Upgrading JIRA Agile
If you use the Classic Boards in JIRA Agile, please be aware that there are two known issues in 6.3.11 that may prevent the classic boards from working. These issues will be fixed in JIRA Agile 6.3.12.
- JSW-10528 - Top Menu Bar is broken when accessing Classic Board Resolved
- JSW-10578 - Card Background Color not working in JIRA Agile Classic Resolved
If you are using downloadable JIRA Agile/JIRA and you use classic boards, we recommend that you do not upgrade to JIRA Agile 6.3.11 and wait for 6.3.12 instead. If you are using JIRA Agile in Atlassian OnDemand, we will be deploying JIRA Agile 6.3.12 soon — keep an eye on the Atlassian OnDemand blog for updates.
General upgrade notes
Before upgrading, please read the JIRA Agile 6.3 Upgrade Notes.
- If you are using JIRA Agile with JIRA Server, upgrade via the JIRA Plugin Manager.
- If you are using JIRA Agile with JIRA Cloud, subscribe to our blog for the latest updates (see this page for instructions). Please note that JIRA Agile may be released for JIRA Server several days before it is updated for JIRA Cloud. To find out what version of JIRA Agile is running in JIRA Cloud, see Application Versions.
Updates and Fixes in this release
JIRA Agile 6.3.11 includes the following updates and bug fixes:
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!