JIRA Agile 6.3.13 Release Notes
29 April 2014
The Atlassian team announces the release of JIRA Agile 6.3.13. This point release contains a number of features as well as several updates and fixes. Upgrading to JIRA Agile 6.3.13 is free to all customers with active JIRA software maintenance.
We have implemented printing for all enhanced reports, which currently include the new Control Chart and the Release Burndown. Just view the report and use your supported browser's print function to print it. The report will fit to either A4 or Letter-sized pages in both portrait and landscape (note, there is a known issue printing in landscape using Chrome).
Release Burndown improvements (Enhanced reports)
- New data table: The Release Burndown now displays a data table under the chart that breaks down the sprints in the version. For each sprint, you can see the issues that were completed and the story points (or other estimation statistic) for each issue. This table provides handy summary to complement the bar chart on the same page.
- Option to align the bars at the base of the chart: You can now choose to align the bars of the Release Burndown at the bottom of the chart. This alternative view is helpful for seeing trends in the scope for the version. Click the Align sprints at the base of the chart checkbox to switch between the two views.
- Sprint bars collapsed when there are too many sprints on the chart: If there are too many sprints in the version, some of the early sprints will now be collapsed on the Release Burndown. You will see an ellipsis () with a label stating how many sprints have been collapsed.
Control Chart improvements (Enhanced reports)
- More details in tooltip: The tooltip dialog that displays when you hover over the chart, now shows the rolling average and the standard deviation at that point in time, in addition to the date/time.
Inline issue creation (with JIRA 6.3)
If you are using JIRA Agile 6.3.13 (or 220.127.116.11) with JIRA 6.3 or later, you can now create an issue from within your Scrum board during planning. Just click the Create issue link, fill in the details and hit the Enter button. The new issue will be automatically added to your backlog.
New code integration features for issuesIf you are using JIRA Agile with JIRA 6.2 or later, the new Development panel will be shown on every issue. This panel helps you to evaluate the development status of an issue at a glance. If you need to investigate further, click any item to display more details, or drill down into the development tool.
Connect JIRA to one of these compatible applications to enable the following:
- Bitbucket view and create branches, view commits, view and create pull requests
- FishEye/Crucible (Git/Subversion/Perforce/CVS): view branches, view commits, view and create reviews
- Bamboo: view the status of builds and deployments
- GitHub/GitHub Enterprise: view branches, view commits, view and create pull requests
Upgrading JIRA Agile
General upgrade notes
Before upgrading, please read the JIRA Agile 6.3 Upgrade Notes.
- If you are using JIRA Agile with JIRA Server, upgrade via the JIRA Plugin Manager.
- If you are using JIRA Agile with JIRA Cloud, subscribe to our blog for the latest updates (see this page for instructions). Please note that JIRA Agile may be released for JIRA Server several days before it is updated for JIRA Cloud. To find out what version of JIRA Agile is running in JIRA Cloud, see Application Versions.
Updates and Fixes in this release
We've fixed a bug in the Sprint Health Gadget, where scope change was being incorrectly calculated. See JSW-9885 - Sprint Health Gadget appears to double count scope change Resolved
Other updates and fixes in the release include:
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!