JIRA Agile 6.3.5 Release Notes
21 November 2013
The Atlassian team announces the release of JIRA Agile 6.3.5. This point release contains a number of features as well as several updates and fixes. Upgrading to JIRA Agile 6.3.5 is free to all customers with active JIRA software maintenance.
JIRA Agile and Confluence — Better together
If you use JIRA Agile and Confluence together in OnDemand, you can now create and/or link Confluence pages to JIRA Agile epics, stories and sprint reports. Try doing the following in JIRA Agile:
- From an epic: Create a new requirements document in Confluence (via the Product Requirements blueprint), or link to an existing page.
- From a sprint: Create new meeting notes in Confluence (via the Meeting Notes blueprint), or link to an existing page.
- From a sprint report: Create new retrospective notes in Confluence (via the Retrospectives blueprint), or link to an existing page.
Colour change for the "To Do" status
The colour red is currently used to indicate the "To Do" status in JIRA Agile. This has been change to blue in this release, in line with the Atlassian Style Guidelines. You will see this colour wherever a status is used, e.g. status lozenges, sprint health gadget, columns in Work mode, etc.
Improved board configuration UI
We've updated the board configuration user interface with a number of improvements. You'll notice that the tabs have been moved into a menu on the left. We've also made a number of tweaks to clean up the Columns configuration screen.
JIRA Agile now uses status lozenges to represent issue status rather than text/icons. The new status lozenges make it easier for you to see an issue's status at a glance, and look great! The lozenges also conform to the Atlassian Style Guidelines.
The new status lozenges are enabled if you use JIRA Agile 6.3.5 (or later) with JIRA 6.2, or JIRA Agile in OnDemand.
New code integration features for issuesIf you are using JIRA Agile with JIRA 6.2 or later, the new Development panel will be shown on every issue. This panel helps you to evaluate the development status of an issue at a glance. If you need to investigate further, click any item to display more details, or drill down into the development tool.
Connect JIRA to one of these compatible applications to enable the following:
- Bitbucket view and create branches, view commits, view and create pull requests
- FishEye/Crucible (Git/Subversion/Perforce/CVS): view branches, view commits, view and create reviews
- Bamboo: view the status of builds and deployments
- GitHub/GitHub Enterprise: view branches, view commits, view and create pull requests
Upgrading JIRA Agile
Before upgrading, please read the JIRA Agile 6.3 Upgrade Notes.
- If you are using JIRA Agile with JIRA Server, upgrade via the JIRA Plugin Manager.
- If you are using JIRA Agile with JIRA Cloud, subscribe to our blog for the latest updates (see this page for instructions). Please note that JIRA Agile may be released for JIRA Server several days before it is updated for JIRA Cloud. To find out what version of JIRA Agile is running in JIRA Cloud, see Application Versions.
Updates and Fixes in this release
JIRA Agile 6.3.5 includes the following updates and bug fixes:
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!