JIRA Agile 6.3.7 Release Notes
23 January 2014
The Atlassian team announces the release of JIRA Agile 6.3.7. This point release contains a number of features as well as several updates and fixes. Upgrading to JIRA Agile 6.3.7 is free to all customers with active JIRA software maintenance.
Labs: Enhanced reports — Control Chart
We're overhauling the existing reports in JIRA Agile. Over the next few releases, we will be progressively introducing enhanced versions of each report in Labs. To opt in for these new reports, enable Enhanced Reports in Labs.
The first report to get a makeover is the Control Chart. You'll notice a range of design and useability improvements, such as better chart controls, issue clustering and a 'How to read this chart' section to help you understand how to use it. We've made changes under the covers as well, including an improvement to the way the rolling average is calculated, and basing the standard deviation on the rolling average instead of the overall average. Read more...
We'd love to hear your feedback on this feature preview. Just click the please provide feedback! link on the Control Chart to let us know what you think.
Please note, if you are using Internet Explorer 8 you will not be able to use the enhanced reports. JIRA Agile will default to the old reports. We are aiming to release the enhanced reports out of Labs in JIRA Agile 6.4. This release will occur after JIRA 6.2, which will not support Internet Explorer 8. Therefore, this feature preview of the redesigned reports does not work in Internet Explorer 8.
Choose the lozenge colour when creating a new status in the simplified workflow editor
In JIRA Agile 6.3.5, we previewed the new status lozenges that will be available when JIRA 6.2 is released. JIRA Agile 6.3.7 will also allow you to choose a Category when creating a status in the simplified workflow editor (board must be using the Simplified Workflow). The category sets a colour for the status lozenge that follows the Atlassian Style Guidelines.
If you are using JIRA Agile in OnDemand, you'll see this soon. Keep an eye on the What's New page in the Atlassian OnDemand documentation.
Subtler colours for Epics
Epics now use a new colour palette in JIRA Agile (based on the Atlassian Design Guidelines secondary colour palette). The new colours are still easy to pick out, but are also more subtle, decreasing the noise on your screens.
JIRA Agile 6.3.7 is not compatible with JIRA 5.2
JIRA Agile 6.3.7 (or future JIRA Agile versions) is not compatible with JIRA 5.2. See JIRA Agile supported platforms. We encourage you to upgrade to the latest production version of JIRA, if possible. Incompatibility with JIRA 5.2 means:
- JIRA 6.3.7 (and later versions) will not work with JIRA 5.2.
- You won't be able to upgrade to JIRA Agile 6.3.7 or later using the JIRA plugin manager, if you are using JIRA 5.2.
- We will continue to support JIRA Agile 6.3.6 and earlier with JIRA 5.2, in accordance with the support End of Life policy.
New code integration features for issuesIf you are using JIRA Agile with JIRA 6.2 or later, the new Development panel will be shown on every issue. This panel helps you to evaluate the development status of an issue at a glance. If you need to investigate further, click any item to display more details, or drill down into the development tool.
Connect JIRA to one of these compatible applications to enable the following:
- Bitbucket view and create branches, view commits, view and create pull requests
- FishEye/Crucible (Git/Subversion/Perforce/CVS): view branches, view commits, view and create reviews
- Bamboo: view the status of builds and deployments
- GitHub/GitHub Enterprise: view branches, view commits, view and create pull requests
Upgrading JIRA Agile
Before upgrading, please read the JIRA Agile 6.3 Upgrade Notes.
- If you are using JIRA Agile with JIRA Server, upgrade via the JIRA Plugin Manager.
- If you are using JIRA Agile with JIRA Cloud, subscribe to our blog for the latest updates (see this page for instructions). Please note that JIRA Agile may be released for JIRA Server several days before it is updated for JIRA Cloud. To find out what version of JIRA Agile is running in JIRA Cloud, see Application Versions.
Updates and Fixes in this release
JIRA Agile 6.3.7 includes the following updates and bug fixes:
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!