JIRA Agile 6.3.9 Release Notes
27 February 2014
The Atlassian team announces the release of JIRA Agile 6.3.9. This point release contains a number of features as well as several updates and fixes. Upgrading to JIRA Agile 6.3.9 is free to all customers with active JIRA software maintenance.
Improvements to the Sprint field
We've made two big improvements to the Sprint field in this release. Firstly, the Sprint field now shows the sprint name, not the sprint ID. When editing the field, you can also search for a sprint by name and JIRA Agile will suggest matching sprints (with sprints from boards /issues that you've recently viewed shown first).
Secondly, the Sprint field is now enabled by default and displays on the create/edit/view issue screens (users may need to show the field on the 'Create Issue'/'Edit Issue' dialog via Configure Fields). You won't have to mess around with your screen configurations to start using this field.
Epics now use bold colours
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback on the colour change for epics that we introduced in JIRA Agile 6.3.7. We've taken it on board and in this release, epics now use a bold colour scheme instead of the subtle colours previously used. Note, the colours are still based on the Atlassian Design Guidelines secondary colour palette.
New code integration features for issuesIf you are using JIRA Agile with JIRA 6.2 or later, the new Development panel will be shown on every issue. This panel helps you to evaluate the development status of an issue at a glance. If you need to investigate further, click any item to display more details, or drill down into the development tool.
Connect JIRA to one of these compatible applications to enable the following:
- Bitbucket view and create branches, view commits, view and create pull requests
- FishEye/Crucible (Git/Subversion/Perforce/CVS): view branches, view commits, view and create reviews
- Bamboo: view the status of builds and deployments
- GitHub/GitHub Enterprise: view branches, view commits, view and create pull requests
Upgrading JIRA Agile
Before upgrading, please read the JIRA Agile 6.3 Upgrade Notes.
- If you are using JIRA Agile with JIRA Server, upgrade via the JIRA Plugin Manager.
- If you are using JIRA Agile with JIRA Cloud, subscribe to our blog for the latest updates (see this page for instructions). Please note that JIRA Agile may be released for JIRA Server several days before it is updated for JIRA Cloud. To find out what version of JIRA Agile is running in JIRA Cloud, see Application Versions.
Updates and Fixes in this release
JIRA Agile 6.3.9 includes the following updates and bug fixes:
|JSW-10167||Language pack crashes JIRA Agile Scrum board. [Transferred from GHS-10184]|
|JSW-10056||Custom Fields still display old nomenclature ('GreenHopper') in the Description|
|JSW-7923||Multiple issue count indicator clipped|
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!