JIRA Agile 6.7 Upgrade Notes
Before you begin
Sometimes we find out about a problem with the latest version of JIRA Agile after we have released the software. In these cases, we publish information about the known issues in the JIRA Agile Knowledge Base. Please check for known issues and follow the instructions as necessary.
General upgrade instructions
- Read the notes on this page:
- Follow these instructions to upgrade JIRA Agile:
- If you are using JIRA Agile with JIRA Server, upgrade via the JIRA Plugin Manager.
- If you are using JIRA Agile with JIRA Cloud, subscribe to our blog for the latest updates (see this page for instructions). Please note that JIRA Agile may be released for JIRA Server several days before it is updated for JIRA Cloud. To find out what version of JIRA Agile is running in JIRA Cloud, see Application Versions.
Upgrading from JIRA Agile 6.6 to JIRA Agile 6.7
Removal of Classic boards
As stated in the release notes, Classic boards have been removed from this release. If you are using Classic boards, we recommend that you migrate them to the new board before upgrading to JIRA Agile 6.7. For more information, see Migrating from Classic Boards.
End of support for JIRA 6.1 and JIRA 6.2
JIRA Agile 6.7 will not work on JIRA 6.1 or JIRA 6.2 in this release. We recommend that you upgrade to the latest JIRA version before upgrading to this version of JIRA Agile.
Upgrading from GreenHopper 6.4.x or earlier to JIRA Agile 6.7
In addition to the points listed above, please read the Upgrade Notes for every version of JIRA Agile you are skipping.
- GreenHopper was renamed to JIRA Agile in JIRA Agile 6.3. From JIRA Agile 6.3.0 and later, you will see 'JIRA Agile' not 'Atlassian GreenHopper' in the Universal Plugin Manager.
- Re-index and restart JIRA after the upgrade, if you are upgrading from 5.9.7 or older
- If upgrading from GreenHopper 5.8.3, you must upgrade manually — download the JIRA Agile add-on separately (from the Atlassian Marketplace) and install the add-on file by upload, as described here: Installing add-ons. Note, this applies GreenHopper 5.8.3 only.
Before upgrading from JIRA Agile 6.3.x to JIRA Agile 6.7
Read the JIRA Agile 6.4 Upgrade Notes.
- Staging your upgrade for the sprint marker migration — Ensure that you read the '(Important) Changes to the Rank field' section in the JIRA Agile 6.4 Upgrade Notes. As noted in that section, upgrading to JIRA Agile 6.4 (or later versions) will trigger an automatic sprint marker migration for all boards.
If you use Scrum and future sprints, you may want to control the order of migration for your boards. In this case, we recommend that you upgrade to JIRA Agile 6.3 first, manually migrate your boards (by viewing each board in Plan Mode with a logged-in user, as described on Sprint Marker Migration), then upgrade from JIRA Agile 6.3 to JIRA Agile 6.7.
Before upgrading from JIRA Agile 5.7.x to JIRA Agile 6.3.x
Read the GreenHopper 5.8 Upgrade Notes.
- Updating your saved JIRA filters — Ensure that you read the 'Changes to Ranking' section in the GreenHopper 5.8 Upgrade Notes. As noted in that section. You need to manually update any saved JIRA filters that include the GreenHopper Rank custom field to use the new GreenHopper Global Rank field(s).
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!