Creating a Version
A version is a set of features and fixes released together as a single update to your product.
This page only applies to Scrum boards.
To create a new version,
- Click the Agile link's down-arrow in the top navigation bar, then select your preferred board from the resulting dropdown menu.
- Click Backlog.
- If the Versions panel is not shown at the left of the screen, select Tools > Show Version Panel.
- Click Create version at the top right of the Versions panel.
- Choose the relevant project and type a name for your new version.
For more details, please see the JIRA documentation on Managing Versions.
- You can optionally specify the version Start Date and planned Release Date.
The Start Date is used to give you a more accurate Version Report in cases where you might plan a version many weeks or even months in advance, but not actually commence work until closer to the release date.
- Your new version will be added to your board's Versions panel.
- add issues to your version
Screenshot: creating a version
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!