Releasing a Version (Kanban)
To create and release a new Version:
- Click the Agile link's down-arrow in the top navigation bar, then select your preferred board from the resulting dropdown menu.
- Click Kanban board.
- Click the Release link at the top of the Done (rightmost) column.
You will need to have the JIRA 'Project Administrator' permission in the project(s) whose issues are to be included in the version.
- The 'Release' window will display (see Screenshot 1 below). Complete the fields as follows:
- Version name — Enter a short name for your new version. For details, see the JIRA documentation on Managing Versions.
- Release date (optional) — Enter the date of release for your new version. This will default to today's date.
- Description (optional) — Enter a longer description for your new version. For details, see the JIRA documentation on Managing Versions.
- Click the Release button to save your new version and mark it as 'released' throughout JIRA and JIRA Agile.
Screenshot 1: Releasing a version from a Kanban board
Please note that the issues will only be cleared from the 'Done' column once all their versions are released. The release of existing versions must be done via the 'Project Administration > Versions screen'.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!