Using the Active sprints or Kanban board
The Active sprints (Scrum boards) or Kanban board (Kanban boards) is where you transition your cards (issues) through a series of columns (statuses).
To view the Active sprints / Kanban board for a board:
Click the Agile link's down-arrow in the top navigation bar, then select your preferred board from the resulting dropdown menu.
- Your board will be displayed. Click Active sprints (Scrum boards) or Kanban board (Kanban boards).
Screenshot: Kanban board
In the Active sprints/Kanban board you can:
- Work on Issues — Choose the highest ranked issues in the 'To Do' column and drag them to the 'In Progress' column. (See Transitioning an Issue.) As you complete each issue in the 'In Progress' column, drag it to the 'Done' column.
Select one or more issues, then right-click them to: remove the issues from the sprint (Scrum only), flag the issues, view the issues in the JIRA Issue Navigator or perform Bulk Operations.
- Release a Version — Click Release to create your new version and mark it as 'released' throughout JIRA and JIRA Agile. (See Releasing a Version (Kanban).)
swimlanes can be based on criteria of your choice. Swimlane issue counts are affected by Quick Filters, that is, issues hidden by a Quick Filter will be excluded from the swimlane count.
Press "-" to expand/collapse all swimlanes.
for Kanban boards, you can specify a Work sub-filter, which refines the issues returned by your board's filter (see Configuring Filters). By default this sub-filter includes issues with no fix version or unreleased fix versions. So when the Release link is used to release a Kanban version, the completed issue will no longer be shown in the Done column.
- an issue will only be visible in the Active sprints/Kanban board if:
the board will be refreshed every 30 seconds, if the browser window does not currently have focus. If you have focus on the window, it will show a message asking you to refresh. Note, this auto-refresh functionality only works in the Active sprints/Kanban board.
Using Quick Filters
A Quick Filter refines the collection of issues displayed on your board. Quick Filters appear immediately below the board name in the Backlog and Active sprints. Click a Quick Filter to apply it (click it again to turn it off).
By default your board includes two Quick Filters:
- Only My Issues — Only displays issues which are assigned to you.
- Recently Updated — Only displays issues which were updated in the last 24 hours.
If any custom Quick Filters have been configured for your board, they will appear next to Only My Issues and Recently Updated.
Tip: Use a quick filter to improve the display of your board by hiding issues that you don't want to see. For example, if your "Done" column (Active sprints/Kanban board) is accumulating a lot of tasks prior to a release, hide them with a Quick Filter.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!