Using the Sprint Health Gadget
Screenshot: The JIRA Agile Sprint Health Gadget
About the Sprint Health gadget
|Overall sprint progress bar
The blue, yellow and green colours of this bar represent different issues in different statuses. These colours match the blue, yellow and green columns in the column configuration for your board, where each column has different statuses mapped to it.
Click any part of the bar to view the issues in the corresponding statuses.
The time elapsed since the sprint was started.
This is calculated based on the estimation statistic used for your board. This is reflected by the green part of the progress bar. For example, if you have 50 story points in a sprint and you have 3 issues with 10 story points that have been resolved, the 'Work complete' will be 20% (i.e. 10 out of 50 story points).
Note, the Sprint Health gadget will not reflect the progress from work logged in the 'Remaining Estimate' and 'Time Spent' fields in JIRA, if you have your board configured to use that data (see Configuring Estimation and Tracking).
Adding or removing an issue from a sprint, after it has started is considered a change of scope. The percentage is calculated using the statistic that is configured for the board (see Configuring Estimation and Tracking).
For example, if you started a sprint with 50 story points and add an issue with 5 story points, the Sprint Health gadget would show a 10% scope change.
If you add/remove issues that don't have estimates, the scope change will not be altered.
If you're using Time Tracking, Scope Change will not be shown.
This field counts all blockers that are in 'To Do' or 'In Progress' in JIRA Agile (see Configuring Columns).
A blocker is evaluated as the highest priority level defined in your JIRA instance. See Defining 'Priority' Field Values.
|Flagged||This field counts all issues that have been flagged.|
Adding the JIRA Agile Sprint Health gadget to your JIRA dashboard
To add the JIRA Agile Sprint Health Gadget to your JIRA dashboard:
- Log into JIRA or navigate to your dashboard, if you are already logged in.
- Click the Add Gadget link in the top right. The Gadget Directory screen will display.
- Find the JIRA Agile Sprint Health gadget in the list of gadgets and click Add it now.
- Click the Finished button in the bottom right.
- The JIRA Agile Sprint Health Gadget gadget will display on your dashboard. Enter the following setup details for your gadget:
- Board — this will display all boards
- Sprint — this will list all active sprints
- Refresh Interval — choose how often the data in the gadget will refresh.
- Click the Save button. The JIRA Agile Sprint Health Gadget will display on your dashboard.
Tip: You can add the JIRA Agile Sprint Health Gadget to your dashboard multiple times, if you wish to track multiple projects/versions.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!