Creating an Epic
In JIRA Agile, an epic is simply an issue of type "Epic", which has a name (e.g. "My Epic") with which other issues can be associated (linked).
This page only applies to Scrum boards.
To create a new epic,
- Click the Agile link's down-arrow in the top navigation bar, then select your preferred board from the resulting dropdown menu.
- Click Backlog.
- If the Epics panel is not shown at the left of the screen, select Tools > Show Epic Panel.
- Hover anywhere in the Epics panel.
- Click Create epic at the top right of the Epics panel (see Screenshot 1).
- You will be prompted to create an issue of type "Epic" (see Screenshot 2).
For more details, please see Creating an Issue.
- In the Epic Name field, enter a short name. The Epic Name (rather than the Summary) will be used to identify your epic and to label issues that belong to it.
- Your new epic will be added to your board's Epics panel.
- add issues to your epic
Screenshot 1: the EPICS panel (click to enlarge)
Screenshot 2: creating an issue of type "Epic" (click to enlarge)
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!