Transitioning an Issue
JIRAmap to columns on a board.
To configure these mappings, see Configuring Columns.
To transition an issue to a different JIRA workflow status on a board:
Click the Agile link's down-arrow in the top navigation bar, then select your preferred board from the resulting dropdown menu.
- In the Active sprints (Scrum board) or Kanban board (Kanban board), transition an issue by dragging and dropping the issue from one column to another (see below).
When you start dragging an issue, you can only transition the issue to columns whose background turns blue. When the issue is hovered over the target column, the blue background turns green.
If the target column is associated with more than one status then, when the issue is hovered over that column, each status will appear as a separate section with a dashed outline (see S below). Complete the transition to the appropriate status by dropping the issue onto the section of the column.
It is not possible to transition multiple issues by dragging them to another column.
- If a dialog box opens for your workflow transition status, you must complete all mandatory fields (indicated by a red asterisk) before submitting the form.
You can also transition an issue via Keyboard Shortcuts if you prefer.
- To map JIRA Configuring Columns. to columns in a board, see
- You can only transition an issue if you have permission to move that issue to the to which the column is mapped.
- JIRA Agile will respect your JIRA worklow configuration and will trigger all your JIRA workflow validations, conditions, functions and notifications on the Configuring Workflow.) . (See
- Once all the sub-tasks of an issue have been completed, it's time to resolve the issue itself. So when you move the last sub-task to the 'Done' column, JIRA Agile will prompt you to move the parent issue too. If you resolved the sub-tasks in native JIRA instead, a button will be displayed on the parent issue the next time you visit the Active sprints/Kanban board.
Screenshot 1: Dragging and dropping an issue to another column
Screenshot 2: Dragging and dropping an issue to a column with multiple statuses
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!