Downloading Assets Discovery
Assets Discovery requires both Jira Service Management and Assets. For other requirements, see Discovery system requirements.
Download Discovery for Cloud
You can download Discovery from the Atlassian Marketplace.
Download Discovery for Data Center
For Data Center, Assets Discovery has two parts: the Discovery app and the Discovery tool.
Download the Discovery app
You can download the latest version from Atlassian Marketplace. Once you install the app, you can use it to download the Discovery tool.
Download the Discovery tool
To download the Assets Discovery tool from Jira:
- Go to Manage Apps > Assets Discovery > Discovery Download and download the tool from the link on the page.
- After downloading, extract the Discovery Tool ZIP into the desired directory. Please note that the Assets Discovery tool must be able to both read and write data within this directory.
Download Discovery 3.x
You can also try out the release of Discovery 3.x. For more info, see Updating Discovery to version 3.x.
Create an import configuration in Assets
Once you install the Discovery app, you'll see a new import type in Assets (for Cloud, it's available by default). You need to use this type to create an import configuration before you can start importing your data.
For more information on how to do it, see:
Importing data for the first time
The initial import will take more time than the subsequent ones, that's why we recommend the following steps:
- Do not include Applications, Application Services and Patches in your first import. Assets will import only hosts and basic corresponding data, which should make the import faster. You can configure the import to exclude these items.
- Add Applications to the second import.
- Add Application Services to the third import.
- Add Patches for the following imports.