- Has a single stage, by default, but can be used to group jobs into multiple stages.
- Processes a series of one or more stages that are run sequentially using the same repository.
- Specifies the default repository.
- Specifies how the build is triggered, and the triggering dependencies between the plan and other plans in the project.
- Specifies notifications of build results.
- Specifies who has permission to view and configure the plan and its jobs.
- Provides for the definition of plan variables.
Every plan belongs to a project.
Projects and plans can only be configured by Bamboo administrators (see Creating a plan).
On this page:
Navigate to a plan's configuration
Choose Build > All build plans from the Bamboo header, then click the edit icon () for the plan you want to edit.
The plan's configuration is found on several tabs. you can also view the configuration in the YAML format:
Configure a plan
- Navigate to the plan's configuration pages as described above.
Click a tab to configure that aspect of your plan:
Plan details A plan's Project Key and Plan Key are not editable once the plan is created, however see Moving plans to a different project. Stages See Using stages in a plan. Repositories See Linking to source code repositories. Triggers See Triggering builds. Branches See Using plan branches. Dependencies See Setting up build dependencies. Permissions See Configuring a plan's permissions. Notifications See Configuring notifications. Variables See Defining plan variables. Miscellaneous Audit log A record of changes to the plan's configuration. This feature is disabled by default. To enable it, please go to Administration > System > Audit Log.
Viewing plan configuration in the YAML format
Bamboo instance administrators can view the plan configuration in the YAML format in Plan configuration > Actions:
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!