Enabling webhooks 1
Webhooks allow your repositories other than Bitbucket Server to communicate with Bamboo. Once you set up a webhook for a repository, a repository sends the HTTP request to Bamboo with every new commit. This HTTP request, in turn, triggers Bamboo Specs scan repository to see if there are any changes to Specs. If Bamboo detects any changes in a repository, it automatically updates necessary plans and deployments.
Bamboo supports the use of Java and YAML Specs with the following repositories:
- Bitbucket Cloud
To enable webhooks in your repository:
- In Bamboo, generate a URL used as a destination for your webhook:
- In the top navigation bar, select Create > Create Bamboo Specs.
- Select your project type.
- Select the repository for Bamboo Specs.
- Copy the URL that is generated for you as the destination for the webhook.
- In the repository you want to use for storing Bamboo Specs, use the Bamboo URL to enable the webhook:
- Go to your repository settings.
- Find webhook-specific configuration.
Paste in the URL Bamboo provided you with.
Bamboo webhook is now enabled in your repository.