Viewing the code changes that triggered a build
If a build was triggered by a code change, the updated files will be listed in the build result.
When Atlassian's Fisheye is connected to your Bamboo server, you can view the code changes that triggered a build. When a build fails due to a compilation error or failed test, you can explore the failed build in Fisheye and jump directly into the changeset that broke the build. You can view the history of that changeset to see what the author was trying to fix, take advantage of the the side-by-side diff view to analyze the change and then open the correct files in your IDE.
To view the code changes that triggered a particular build result:
- Navigate to the build results for the plan, as described in Viewing a build result, and click the desired build result.
- Click the Changes tab. A list of updated files will be shown.
- Click the link to the source file to view the changes.
- Click the version number to view the entire file.
- Click the diffs link to view the differences between the current and previous version of each file.
Links to individual source-code files will only be available if your Bamboo administrator has connected the plan to the source repository, as specified in the 'Advanced Options' on the 'Source Repositories' tab for the plan. For details, see.