Polling the repository for changes
You can configure Bamboo to poll the repository for source code changes, either:
- periodically (e.g. every 180 seconds), or
- based on a schedule (e.g. the second Sunday of every month at 5:00 am).
If Bamboo detects a change in the source code, a build of your plan is triggered.
To configure Bamboo to poll the repository for source code changes:
- Click Dashboard and then the All Plans tab.
- Locate the plan in the list and click the edit icon () to display the plan's configuration pages.
- Click the Triggers tab, then click either an existing trigger or Add Trigger.
- Optionally, enter a trigger description.
- Choose Trigger type > Polling the Repository for changes.
- Bamboo displays the available repositories for the plan, as previously configured on the Source Repositories tab. Choose the repositories that this trigger should apply to.
Choose a polling strategy:
Enter a Polling Frequency value (in seconds) for the time between when Bamboo checks for repository changes.
Click the edit icon () to use the Schedule Editor to set the polling schedule.
Note, this is a schedule for polling your repository: a plan build will only be triggered if there are source code changes. See Triggering builds.
Note that for the Cron Expression option, a cron expression consists of 6 mandatory and one optional field. The fields in sequential order are: seconds, minutes, hours, day-of-month, month, day-of-week and (optional) year. For example,
0 0 1 ? * 1#2. For information on Cron expressions, see this FAQ: Constructing a cron expression in Bamboo.
Click Save Trigger.