Granting administration rights to a user
Follow this process if you store the user's data in Bamboo. If the user data is stored in an external user directory like Crowd or LDAP, go to that directory to perform this action.
In Bamboo, there are two types of administrators:
- Global administrators — that is, people with the Admin global permission. These people can access the Bamboo Administration menu. They can also administer every plan.
- Plan administrators — that is, people with the Admin and Edit plan permissions. These people can administer a particular plan.
Grant global administration rights
To grant global administration rights to a user:
- Either grant the Admin global permission to the user explicitly (as described in Granting global permissions to users or groups);
- Add the user to a group which has the Admin global permission (as described in Changing group members).
Grant plan administration rights
- Either grant the Admin and Edit plan permissions to the user explicitly (as described in Granting plan permissions in bulk);
- Add the user to a group which has the Admin and Edit plan permissions (as described in Changing group members).
Last modified on Dec 15, 2021
Was this helpful?Yes Provide feedback about this article
Powered by Confluence and Scroll Viewport.