Creating a Bitbucket Cloud account
Platform Notice: Cloud Only - This article only applies to Atlassian products on the cloud platform.
The purpose of this KB is to explain how to create a new Bitbucket Cloud account in detailed steps.
Creating a new Bitbucket Cloud account has 2 options:
- Normal signup
- Signup with Jira Software bundled
You may also take note of the following outcomes for each signup process:
The outcome of a normal signup process
- No workspace is created automatically; You will have to either join or create a workspace.
- If you have an existing personal workspace, you can choose to delete it if desired. You can follow the steps in this documentation on how to Delete a Bitbucket Cloud workspace.
The outcome of signing up with Jira Software bundled
- Workspace will be created with the site name as workspace ID, you may access it with the following URL
- The newly created workspace is automatically connected to your Jira Software instance.
- You can check that under your workspace Settings > Click Jira (Under ATLASSIAN INTEGRATIONS)
- You can also check the following links to get started
Signing up for a normal Bitbucket Cloud account
Signing up with a Jira Software instance
To sign up for a new Bitbucket Cloud account without a Jira Software instance, you can follow the below steps:
To sign up for a new Bitbucket Cloud account with a Jira Software instance, you can follow the below steps: