Convert from other version control systems
Converting from SVN to Git?
Atlassian experts have written an exceptional guide: Migrate to Git from SVN
Converting from SVN or another VCS to Mercurial?
Conversion to a Mercurial repository is easy. Mercurial ships with a
convert extension that supports conversion from these systems:
- Bazaar (experimental, but should work)
- Darcs (experimental, but should work)
- GNU arch (experimental, but should work)
- monotone (experimental, but should work)
- Subversion (SVN)
Follow our detailed guides for:
You can import your code into Bitbucket Cloud without converting it to Mercurial. For instructions, see Import code from an existing project.
- An excellent Mercurial manual – enter
hg convertwithout specifying any arguments to read the manual
- ConvertExtension on the Mercurial Wiki
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!