Delete an account or a team
Deleting an account or team permanently deletes all repositories owned by that account or team. Any URL referencing your account will no longer work. This includes repository URL's, API calls, wiki's, issue trackers, and pull requests. Make a backup of your code locally or use the Downloads page to save a ZIP of your repository. We cannot recover purposefully deleted repositories.
Delete an individual account
- Log into your account.
- Go to avatar (the small picture located in the top right corner) > Bitbucket settings.
- In Account settings, click Delete account.
The system displays a confirm dialog.
- Choose OK to delete the account.
Delete a team
Only users with administrative rights on a repository can delete a team. To delete a team, do the following:
- Log into Bitbucket Cloud using an individual account that has administrative access to the team.
- Go to avatar > Bitbucket settings.
- Change the Manage dropdown to the team account.
- Choose Delete team from the left hand menu.
The system displays a warning that lists which repositories will be deleted along with the team. Everything associated with those repositories also gets deleted.
- Click Delete team to delete the account.
- Click Delete again in the system message.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!